Happy Fourth of July!
What better place to be on Independence Day than in Washington, D.C. at Nat’s Stadium with your family and best friends?
That thought has been in my head from the minute I got up this morning.
Highlights of my Fourth of July:
- Watching all the families dressed in their Nats fan gear pile on the metro
- Two little boys sliding together on their seat, and saying, “Do you want to sit down?” With mitts in hand and autographed ball caps on their heads, they told me they were hoping to get Bryce Harper’s autograph at today’s game. I loved their excitement. “How many more stops?” they kept asking their parents. “Why is this thing so slow?” they asked as they bounced up and down in their seats. Their enthusiasm was contagious.
- A huge American flag draped between two fire truck cranes at the entrance to the stadium
- Four home runs!
- Standing up to sing America the Beautiful with a stadium full of proud Americans. I loved the patriotism that surged through the crowd.
- Thanking our military with a packed house of fans
- Sharing stories about last week’s storm but not letting it affect a great game, a beautiful city, and resilient group of people.
- Heat wave? What heat wave? We had a breeze that kept us comfortable all afternoon in the sweltering heat.
- Homemade Strawberry gelato
- Feeling proud to be an American and celebrating freedom in the greatest nation on earth with the people I love most.